Tiramisu is one of the most famous recipes of Italian cuisine and has become a must-have on dessert menus in Spanish restaurants. Very easy to prepare, it is the perfect resource for those who have no hand for baking. Although it is important to follow the keys of a good homemade tiramisu if what you want is to succeed.
Because, even if it is simple, not everything goes when it comes to preparing a good homemade tiramisu. There are those who substitute mascarpone for cream cheese or add whipped cream or custard to the cream, those who use any type of sponge cake for the base, others bathe the cookies in huge amounts of liquor or do without coffee in favor of chocolate milk.
It is a reality that there are multiple variations of tiramisu and that each one adapts it to their tastes or the ingredients at hand. But to prepare the authentic and make it a good homemade tiramisu we give you the recipe, with video included, and the keys to get it. We only ask you one thing: that you put them into practice. Surely it happens to you like us and you will not do it again in any other way.
500 g Tempered mascarpone cheese
2 Free range eggs
350 ml Cold coffee
80 g Sugar
30 g Pure cocoa powder
Twenty Homemade soletilla cakes (savoiardi or novara)
How to make a good homemade tiramisu
Total time: 30 minutes
Elaboration: 30 minutes
Repose: 8 hours
We prepare the coffee and let it cool. To speed up the process we can pour it over a wide source in a thin layer. It will cool in a matter of 15-20 minutes.
We separate the yolks from the whites of the eggs. We mount the egg whites to a point of light snow and reserve. Then we beat the yolks with the sugar until white and the sugar dissolves completely, so that the grain is not noticeable. The cream will be pale yellow in color.
We remove the mascarpone cheese so that it is easier to incorporate into the sugary yolks. We will do it mixing, without beating, and with smooth and enveloping movements.
Finally we add the whites and mix gently, continuing with the enveloping movements. With this we get a smooth, creamy and ethereal texture, which keeps the air incorporated with the shake.
We dip the biscuits in the cold coffee and place them in the base of a square or rectangular mold. We spread a layer of egg cream and mascarpone on top, well distributed over the entire surface. We repeat the process and finish with a layer of cream.
Sprinkle with a thin layer of pure cocoa powder, sifting with a strainer, and let it rest in the fridge until the next day. At the time of serving, remove from the fridge 10 or 15 minutes before and sprinkle with another thin layer of cocoa powder.
The keys to a good homemade tiramisu
- On the mascarpone cheese. It is not only essential to use mascarpone cheese to make a good homemade tiramisu, but the difference between a good one and a comsí comsá is very noticeable in the final result. So that it integrates well with the egg, better tempered and slightly stirred (not beaten) to eliminate part of that thickness that it acquires in the cold.
- On the yolk smoothie. The egg yolks are whipped with sugar until white and creamy. The sugar has to dissolve well and lose its grain. For this you have to beat, beat and beat. To check the point, take a little between two fingers and rub gently. If you can’t see the sugar granule, that’s it.
- About the whipping of the whites. Neither overshooting nor falling short With the whipping of the whites, it is necessary to ensure that thickness point that later helps to incorporate them into the rest of the ingredients easily. We start beating at low speed, better with electric rods, and accelerate when they start to foam. We stop when the rods draw waves on the whites.
- About mixing. As is the case with all the elaborations that require beaten ingredients, it is essential to mix them gently so as not to lose the incorporated air. It is recommended to use a silicone spatula and mix the ingredients from bottom to top. The objective is to achieve a creamy, light and fluffy mixture and, for this, patience is the best ally.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!