- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach or baby kale
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro optional
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter divided
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded havarti
- Guacamole, sour cream, salsa and lime wedges to serve
• Heat an
outsized skillet over medium high heat, and brown the
meat , breaking it up with a spoon until it’s all
browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Turn it into a colander to
empty , and punctiliously wipe
out the skillet.
• Return the skillet to medium heat and add the vegetable or vegetable oil . Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 3 minutes until the onion starts to melt . Add the ingredient , spinach, garlic and flavorer and stir for an additional minute until the spinach is wilted and everything is well combined. Return the meat to the skillet and stir until everything is mixed . Stir within the cilantro if using, turn the mixture into a bowl, and wash and dry the skillet (or grab a replacement skillet).
• Combine the cheddar and havarti during a bowl. Place the skillet over medium heat and add a half teaspoon of butter. Place a tortilla within the pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture over half the quesadilla, and distribute 1/8 of the meat mixture over the cheese. Top that with another 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese. Flip the bare half the tortilla over the filling, cover the pan, and sauté for about 2 minutes until rock bottom is golden and therefore the cheese has began to melt, then use a spatula to flip the half-moon quesadilla, and still cook, uncovered, until all of the cheese is melted and therefore the underside is browned, 2 to three minutes.
• Remove the quesadilla to a chopping board and let the quesadilla sit for a moment before you slice through 2 or 3 wedges. Repeat until all of the quesadillas are cooked. Serve with guacamole, salsa, soured cream and lime wedges.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!