- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium soy sauce is best
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- canola oil for frying
1. Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wrapping and employing a meat mallet, pound the meat to a good 1/2 inch thickness. Alternatively, you’ll slice the breasts by placing them flat on a chopping board and employing a very sharp knife to slice them into halves horizontally.
2. Sift flour, salt, black pepper, ground ginger, nutmeg, thyme, sage pepper, and red pepper. NOTE: This flour and spice dredge mix is sufficient for 2 batches of this chicken recipe so divide the batch and store 1/2 during a Ziploc bag within the freezer. I always wish to make enough for next time…and there’s always a next time with this recipe.
3. Make an egg wash by whisking together the eggs and water.
4. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip the meat within the flour and spice mixture. Dip the breast into the eggwash then a final time into the flour and spice mix, pressing the combination into the meat to urge good contact.
5. Heat a skillet on the stove with a few half inch of vegetable oil covering rock bottom . you’ll want to carefully regulate the temperature here in order that the chicken doesn’t brown too quickly. The thinness of the breast meat practically guarantees that it’ll be fully cooked by the time the surface is browned. I find slightly below medium heat works well. i exploit a burner setting of about 4 1/2 out of 10 on the dial and fry them gently for about 4 or 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.
6. Drain on a wire rack for a few of minutes before dipping the cooked breasts into the Honey aioli . Serve with noodles or rice.
7. to form the Honey Garlic Sauce:
8. during a medium saucepan add the two tbsp vegetable oil and minced garlic. Cook over medium heat to melt the garlic but don’t let it brown.
9. Add the honey, soy and black pepper.
10. Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and permit to chill for a couple of minutes. Watch this carefully because it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.
TO MAKE THE OVEN BAKED VERSION :
1. Follow the recipe exactly as for the fried version but while you’re preparing the chicken, heat a baking sheet during a 425F degree oven. Preheating the pan does 2 things; it prevents the chicken from sticking to the pan and it ensures that the warmth from the oven starts going directly into the crust on the chicken to form sure it becomes crispy.
2. Dip all of your chicken pieces and coat as instructed. As you finish individual pieces, lay them out on a lightly floured chopping board while you finish getting all of them ready.
3. When the pieces are all ready, take the recent pan from the oven and lightly oil rock bottom of the baking pan with oil or other vegetable oil. Use merely enough to coat rock bottom of the pan.
4. Work as quickly as possible, transfer the chicken pieces to an oil pan. don’t crowd the pieces together. they ought to NOT touch one another or they’re going to steam and not get crispy. Leave a minimum of an in. of space between all pieces.
5. Lightly spray the tops of the chicken pieces with oil . i like to recommend that you simply have a sprig bottle crammed with vegetable oil to use in any oven fried recipe for chicken, including this one. an easy pump bottle will do. Spraying the tops helps them start to urge crispy within the hot oven too.
6. Maintain the warmth at 425 degrees F and place baking sheet within the oven. i exploit the second lowest rack in my oven.
7. Bake for quarter-hour without opening the door! Take the pan out of the oven and stir all the chicken pieces.
8. Return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes until the chicken pieces brown nicely and become crispy. Again don’t open the door, maintaining a hot oven is vital for this method.
9. Dip the baked pieces within the sauce as was common and serve immediately.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!