These straightforward Lemon Breakfast Muffins are very easy to create and cake-like, creating them good for breakfast or brunch.
They are the right fruit muffin to start out the day.. I love enjoying them with hot tea or coffee. They are a bakery-style muffin and have a delicate lemon flavor and texture. These really go fast when I make them, so know that you have been warned.
You will love these if you enjoy the lemon flavor. These taste just like you got them from the bakery.Moist and delicious to enjoy at breakfast, brunch or really anytime.
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you well. We are in summer mode and are loving the longer days. We have already been on several outdoor outings and packing up a meal and eating outside is one of my favorite summer endeavors. Today’s tasty lemon breakfast recipe fits right into the season.
These easy lemon muffins are super easy to make and brighten up any breakfast table. I love that we can grab them for on the go too!
I am thinking of adding some blueberries to the next batch I make.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that these muffins are hearty but not overly sweet. The secret ingredient really adds a rich texture to the muffin. I use fresh lemons for this recipe and you can use the lemon zest of two lemons in the place of the lemon extract if you have an abundance of lemons or are lucky enough to have a tree.
MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE:
Butter – I always use real butter when I can, but margarine will work too.
Lemon Juice and Zest – You can use a bottle lemon juice if you must, but try to pick up and use a real lemon for the recipe. It really makes a big difference.
Ricotta Cheese – This delicious cheese adds a wonderful flavor and texture to the muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Line muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners
- In bowl, mix together softened butter, sugar and egg.
- Add ricotta cheese, lemon zest, juice and extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, backing soda, salt.
- Combine dry ingredients with butter and cheese mixture until well-blended.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did!
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!