French Toast – Caramel Apple Stuffed BakeAdorablyFeed
This is baked stuffed french toast casserole a great breakfast dish to make ahead for holidays or Sunday brunch. I run a bed and breakfast and tea room cafe.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 -1/2 cups milk
- 1 – 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1.In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Pour into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pecans, a single layer of bread and remaining pecans. Arrange apples and remaining bread over the top.2.In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.3.Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.4.In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Serve with French toast.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!