Edible candy eyes are pretty much the best baking invention ever, aren’t they? I think I’ve fallen in love with them. And this was the first time ever that my craft store actually had the small size, the medium size and the large sizes all in stock. AND they were on sale. Bless my lucky stars, that never happens to me!
These Rice Krispie Treat Monsters let me take my candy eye obsession to a whole new level. You get to go a little crazy with them, which I personally think is AWESOME. These little monsters are so easy to make, and they look so fun when you set them out on a serving plate. It’s like a little monster invasion sitting there on the table.
Halloween Rice Krispie Treat MonstersSara Moore
For the Rice Krispie Treats:
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 bag Large Marshmallows approximately 40 marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
For the Monster Coating:
- Candy Melts Pink, Orange, Blue and Vibrant Green
- Candy Eyes Small, Medium and Large
- Cooking Oil
- For the Rice Krispie Treats:1.Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.2.In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat until melted.3.Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined with the butter.4.Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and the Rice Krispies. Stir to combine.5.Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Using a spatula sprayed with cooking spray gently press down until the pan is evenly coated.6.Allow to cool until firm.For the Monster Coating:1.Melt approximately 1 cup of candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then continue microwaving at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.2.Add approximately 1/2 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons cooking oil (the more you add the smoother the finish, but go slowly) to the melted candy melts and stir to combine.3.Dip the Rice Krispie Treats in the candy melts and set on parchment paper.4.Gently press the candy eyes into the candy melt coating to create your monster faces. Gently push the eyes slightly up towards the top of the monster's "head" to create upper eye lids.5.Allow to cool at room temperature for approximately 40 minutes or until candy melts have completely hardened.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!