Italian Stuffed Shells
A dear friend first brought over this stuffed shells recipe. Now I take it to other friends' homes and to potlucks, because it's always a big hit!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1.In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is not any longer pink; drain. Stir in water, ingredient , bouillon and oregano. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for half-hour .2.Meanwhile, combine egg, pot cheese , 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Stuff shells with cheese mixture.3.Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange shells during a greased 13×9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Pour meat sauce over shells. Cover; bake half-hour . Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about five minutes longer.Freeze option: After assembling, cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove half-hour before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, adding remaining 1 cup mozzarella after 30-40 minutes and increasing time as necessary for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!