- · 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- · 6 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- · 6 oz. monterrey jack cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- · 6 (10-inch burrito size) flour tortillas
- · 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- · 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- · 2 garlic cloves, minced
- · 2 cups chopped bell pepper (red and green)
- · 2 tsp chili powder
- · 1 tsp ground cumin
- · 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- · Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- · 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- · Guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo or salsa, for serving (optional)
• Mix chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper together, toss the combined ingredient with chicken (about 3/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper).
• In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tsp olive oil. Add chicken and cook and turn occasionally until fully cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
• In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp. One teaspoon of oil left. Add bell pepper and red onion and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes, add in garlic at last 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl with chicken, pour lime and mix.
• Brush melted butter on top side of tortillas. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels, heat over medium heat. Toss cheeses together.
• Transfer one tortilla buttered side down to skillet. Working quickly sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese evenly over one half side of the tortilla, and then sprinkle with about 3/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Fold over the top half, repeat this with the second tortilla.
• Cook until golden brown for two minutes.
• Repeat process with remaining tortillas, cheese and filling. Cut each quesadilla into 2 or 3 wedges. Serve warm with desired toppings.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!