FOR THE LEMON POUND CAKE:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, see below for substitution
FOR THE LEMON SYRUP:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
FOR THE LEMON ICING:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a 9×5-inch (or 8×4-inch) loaf pan.
2. during a medium bowl combine the flour, leaven , lemon peel , and salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer bowl with an oar (or with an electric mixer), cream the butter and sugar together at medium-high speed until they become pale and sugar together at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4-6 minutes. Scrape the edges of the bowl as required .
4. With the mixer running on low-speed, add the eggs one at a time, then hammer in the vanilla and juice . Beat on medium-high speed until combined.
5. With the mixer on low, add about one-third of the flour mixture and blend until almost combined, then add half the buttermilk and blend until just combined. Repeat with another third of flour mixture then the second half of the buttermilk, ending with the last third of the flour. Beat until just incorporated.
6. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean with only a few moist crumbs. Baking times vary, so keep an eye fixed on yours.
7. Let the cake cool for about quarter-hour within the pan. Stir together the juice and confectioners’ sugar for the lemon syrup. Gently turn the baking pan and transfer the cake to a cooling rack, then spread the syrup over the cake while it is hot. Allow cake to chill completely.
8. When the cake is cooled, combine all the icing ingredients, start with 1 tbsp juice and milk and add the remaining juice as required . The icing should be thick and not runny. Pour the frost over the cake and let it dry before serving.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!