This cookie requires 14 ingredients, takes 40 minutes to bake and contains 290 calories. Shaping a lot of small cookies may take a lot of your time, but forming just one would be a piece of cake.
1/2 cup unsalted butter (115g per 1/2 cup, softened)
1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed, 65g per 1/3 cup, packed)
1/4 cup granulated sugar (50g per 1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
3/4 cup all purpose flour (90g per 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup quick cooking oats (45g per 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (35g per 1/3 cup)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (scant)
2 ounces raisins (2oz per 1/2 cup)
1 ounce chopped walnuts (1 oz per 1/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed for 1 minute, or until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat on medium speed for 30 seconds to one minute, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium speed for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, as needed.
- Fold the raisins and chopped walnuts into the cookie dough until they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the cookie dough into the cast-iron skillet. Use a spoon or clean hands to press the dough into an even layer.
- Bake the cookie for 28-30 minutes on the middle rack of oven, until golden-brown at the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Check to see that the cookie is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the cookie to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the cookie warm directly from the skillet. Alternatively, the cookie may be cooled to room temperature in the skillet, then cut into slices.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!