This quickie Vegetarian Lentil Soup is a wholesome and satisfying dish that you will love to make it again and again. Packed with healthy proteins, nutrients, and tempting flavors.
Being brought up in India the use of lentils is very common in our home. Therefore, Indian tadka dal (Indian lentil curry) is a staple food in our kitchen. You will find a variety of lentils in our pantry all the time.
Apart from making classic dal recipes, I love making lentil brown rice salad and whole lentil soups just like this one. No doubt lentils are a great source of proteins in meatless dishes and are perfect for a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Enough praising LENTILS… Let’s come to our wholesome healthy lentil soup recipe!
ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS FOR LENTIL SOUP
For this quick and easy vegetarian lentil soup recipe, you will need very simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen.
- whole lentils –For this soup, you can use pardina lentils or whole red lentils
- garlic cloves – minced or finely chopped
- mirepoix – onions, carrots and celery diced into small pieces
- tomato – finely chopped
- seasonings – smoked paprika, cumin powder, salt and pepper
- Better Than Bouillon – When the dish is without meat and in order to augment its flavor you can use “better than bouillon” which is a concentrated paste. These are perfect for making broths and a great alternative to canned liquid vegetable broth or stock or dehydrated bouillon cubes.
Seasoned Vegetable Base, Roasted Garlic Base, Organic Seasoned Vegetable Base, No Beef Base, and No Chicken Base are just a variety of flavors. Moreover, all these falavors are vegetarian and vegan certified. You can one or two tablespoons to the soup is enough to augment its deliciousness. Also, marinades, glazes or sautéed veggies can be used with them.
HOW TO MAKE A QUICKIE VEGETARIAN LENTIL SOUP
Turn on high saute mode in the Instant Pot. Cook chopped onion, carrot, and celery with some garlic in little oil for few minutes. You can use tomato, bay leaf, seasonings and the better than bouillon which is a vegetable-based. Saute the mixture for another few minutes. Now add water, salt, and pepper. Mix all the mentioned ingredients very well, seal and cook the soup on manual high pressure for 5 minutes. For 10 minutes you release the pressure naturally then quick release.
With a whole crusty wheat bread or a homemade focaccia bread can be served with lentil soup warm.
INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN LENTIL SOUP – HELPFUL TIPS!
- Use whole lentils in this recipe. Split red lentils can overcook and become mushy in an Instant Pot soup. Whole lentils will also add more fibers to the dish.
- There is no need to soak lentils before cooking. It will take only 5 min on the high pressure to cook the lentils in an Instant Pot perfectly.
- You can add fresh vegetables to this soup and make it more nutritious.
- Better Than Bouillon can be used in this soup. It is very convenient as it dissolves in water very easily. Just add one tablespoon of it and enough water to the soup for delicious flavors. A liquid broth or stock or any soup dishes are no needed
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!