The sausages cooked directly inside the pretzel soft beer make it the tastiest and easiest homemade pastry you will ever eat! Ready in only 35 minutes you’ll enjoy these any night. they’re an excellent make-ahead recipe and that they freeze well too. Just thaw and pop them during a 350°F oven until warm, about 5-8 minutes.
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 12 ounces warmed beer (110°-120°F)* see notes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup baking soda
- 1 large egg
- coarse salt (or pretzel salt)
- 8 hot dogs
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. put aside .
2. Pour beer into the bowl of a stand mixer (see cooks note if you are doing not have a stand mixer), sprinkle yeast over top, add honey and stir. Allow yeast to bloom for 5-10 minutes. Once it’s nice and foamy, it’s ready.
3. Fill an 8-quart pot with water and convey to a overboil medium-high heat. during a small bowl beat egg and a couple of tablespoons water with a fork. put aside . Wash a neighborhood of countertop for rolling out dough. don’t flour it or it’ll be harder to roll out the dough.
4. Add flour and salt to mixer. Knead for about 3 minutes until the dough comes together in one ball. Add more flour a tablespoon at a time as required , if the bread is just too sticky to return together. The dough should be tacky once you pull it out of the mixer, not sticky.
5. Place dough on countertop and form dough into a ball.
6. We are getting to cut this ball into 8 (somewhat) even pieces. First, quarter the ball of dough. Then cut each quarter in half. Roll each bit into a 12” strand.
7. Place the top of the dough strand on the top of the recent dog pinching the top together, then wrap it round the dog until all of the dough is wrapped round the dog. Pinch the ends in order that they stick together .
8. Carefully, add bicarbonate of soda to boiling water. USE CAUTION: it’ll intumesce . Place the sausage in boiling water about 3 at a time. Remove with a slotted spoon after 30 seconds. Place on parchment paper to chill and repeat until all hot dogs are boiled.
9. Arrange all pretzel dogs on parchment in order that they aren’t touching. Brush eggwash onto all and sprinkle with coarse salt.
10. Bake for 11-13 minutes until the tops are browned.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!