Sour Cream Pound Cake – an easy alternative quick dessert for the whole family
So one of my favorite things about pregnancy is the newly acquired sweet tooth I have. Between gummies, jelly beans, and Oreos I can’t get enough sugar. Thankfully I have upped my natural sugars as well by eating apples and peaches like crazy. But for the girl who could eat salt with a spoon, this is a weird thing for me.
Another favorite thing is how I can easily slip in an Oreo here or there and not put on the lbs. The Bean is doing its part nom-ing on everything I eat so I get to eat plenty more without the urge to hurl myself on the floor sobbing every time I get weighed. Sweet!
So that has led to some ‘bakenesting’ and getting to enjoy some amazing cakes and things recently.
I had a container of barely used sour cream just staring at me in the fridge and I knew I shouldn’t let it go to waste so a bit of googling around and came across this Sour Cream Pound Cake. This is one of the fastest, easiest, yummiest cakes to make. The bake time does take a while but in terms of prep you can whip it together in about 5 minutes once everything is at room temperature.
I brought this into work so 1) I didn’t eat it all myself 2) I’m filling them up with goodies now to get them through when I am out on maternity leave. We had it plain but it would make for a great base for some macerated berries and whipped cream. Or maybe you could grill it and top off with nutella and some sliced bananas. Dang… I’m hungry again!!
SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
- 1/2 pound butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 10-inch bundt or tube pan by spraying very generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, shift together the baking soda and flour; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla extract mixing until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternating with the eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!