The Best Classic Chili – This traditional chili recipe is just like mom used to make with ground beef, beans, and a simple homemade blend of chili seasonings.
This classic chili is perfect for a weeknight meal because it can be made in minutes. The only thing to chop is an onion.
HOW DO YOU MAKE GOOD HOMEMADE CHILI?
- Heat olive in a large soup pot.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes.
THE BEST CLASSIC CHILISara Moora
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion – diced
- 1 pound pound 90% lean ground beef
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper – optional
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1. Add the olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.2. Add the ground beef to the pot. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.3. Add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne. Stir until well combined.4. Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juice), drained beans, and tomato sauce. Stir well.5. Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.6. Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!