Carrot cake isn’t a cake I make often, but once I do, my family goes crazy over it! They eat my batter, they eat my scraps, and that they definitely eat most of my icing. I’m lucky to possess a cake to ice, including icing to ice the cake! This carrot cake recipe is that good! Perfectly dense and moist, spiced good , and full of an abundance of carrots, you won’t be ready to eat only one piece!
Raisins, pineapple, applesauce, coconut and walnuts or other frilly ingredients in my carrot cake isn’t my scene. I initially had a tough time with putting carrots during a cake! Vegetables during a cake? Who does that? (I know…I’m a picky eater!) Took me a short time to accumulate the taste, but I soon came to like it! Carrots dispersed during a perfectly spiced cake with no other ingredients is my perfect quite carrot cake. Simple and flavorful! Walnuts are allowed, occasionally, but only as a garnish or decoration on the icing! to every their own though! Please mix in walnuts, raisins, coconut and pineapple if you so desire!
I love this cake! you’ve got to place it on your list of desserts to make! Especially amid a fluffy cheese icing! I even have an excellent recipe you’ll make here. Make it for any occasion, or the simplest occasion – Just Because! Everyone needs a touch of cake in their life!
First, grate the carrots or place into a kitchen appliance . confirm they’re pretty small in size so they’ll cook through. I don’t like raw, crunchy carrots in my cake! put aside . Next, measure all of your dry ingredients and pour into your bowl . Incorporate well.
2 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ground cloves
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
3 Cups Grated carrots
3 Each Eggs Large
1/4 Cup Milk
1 tsp Vinegar
1 Cup Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Grate carrots. Use grater or use a food processor. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in the carrots. Mix into the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients. Oil, eggs, vanilla, vinegar and milk.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into parchment lined and greased 8” cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool, decorate and ENJOY!
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!