This is a super quick summer drink. How do you use it other than cutting them into pieces and eating as a fruit?
To eat it, I love keeping it in the fridge before cutting and eating cold watermelon pieces. It really feels amazing to eat cold watermelon. Especially when the outside weather is scorching hot.
When I get bored of eating simple watermelon I then turn it into an awsome drink like watermelon mojito or watermelon salad with feta cheese and basil.
What you will need?
You will need only three ingredients for making this refreshing watermelon slushie drink
- watermelon – seedless medium-sized watermelon (see helpful tips for choosing perfect sweet watermelons).
- fresh mint leaves – few fresh mint leaves for refreshing taste
- lime juice – some freshly squeezed lime juice
How to make a healthy watermelon slush
Cut watermelon into 1-2 inch cubes and freeze them for a few hours. Blend frozen watermelon in a blender with few fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and some water until it purees. Serve this fresh slushie in a tall glass when it is still cold.
Easy watermelon slush – helpful tips!
- Choose medium-sized seedless watermelon for making the slush. Always look for light to dark brownish spot on the surface of the watermelon. This is the spot where watermelon rests on the Mother Earth. The wider and darker this spot is the sweeter and delicious the watermelon will be.
- Do not buy watermelon with a white colored spot instead of dark. There is a chance that it might still be raw.
Use a long watermelon knife for cutting the watermelons. It makes cutting larger fruits much easier. These days you can also find fancy tools like automatic watermelon cutters for cutting them into cubes
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!